SebMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sauna's GM Application

2 posters

Go down

Sauna's GM Application Empty Sauna's GM Application

Post  Sauna Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, I've finally decided to apply for a Game Master. School has finally ended for me for the summer, which means I'll be able to tack on some extra hours to my time on MS. Plus, since I have no life, the time I'll be able to spend on MS is at LEAST ten hours per day, letting me get a whole lot done; no? This is my [slightly edited] app from ArberMS (which was accepted, just they're not hiring right now, so I'm in the waiting line), so please excuse any specific references to Arber. My information hasn't changed though, that's why I copied it over.

Name:
Sean R.

Hours per day:
10+ hours, longest I've done though is 35 hours (helping some guildmates train on GMS)

Experiences:
I have been a player-moderator in RuneScape, a forum-moderator on a RuneScape fansite (RuneHQ), I've run my own server for a few different types of games, such as RuneScape, MapleStory (<- Not too successful due to Windows Vista), and Blockland (don't flame me, lol, I love putting stuff together). I also know [Gm]Wins in-game (he's in my guild and we've had our 'chats,' hehe), and I've seen what an ArberMS GM's job is and what NOT to do as one. In terms of coding I know Javascript/HTML/CSS VERY well, Java pretty well, Flash pretty well (if you could call that coding), and GML VERY well. I'm in the process of teaching myself C++ using online tutorials, which is what I've done with the other programming languages I know. Overall though I can grasp how a coding language works if I have another piece of the code as a reference, since I know how programming languages' functions are set up.

Why should we pick you?:
I'm down with how the GM/moderation system works, and can properly apply what I know to make sure I get everything done to the fullest. I've also had two level 200s, a 155, and a 120 in ArberMS, and in GMS a level 116. I understand nearly 100% of the game mechanics in MapleStory, such as how to get a 10 att WG on my first try multiple times (anyone remember that?), plus I know the limits of the server from past experiences( aka how to NOT crash the server), and I how to control myself in terms of holding events that would stimulate the economy (i.e. ZHelms). Of course, since my parents are insanely strict when it comes to doing specific chores (etc.), I've grown to shut up and listen to what other people have to say, so I'd be more than willing to listen to the opinions of players. This doesn't mean I'm going to give, say, an AP reset to everyone who asks; it just means I'll listen to what the players like best to determine my next course of action that affects the players as a whole.

Other info:
A lot of players seem to know me in both ArberMS (more the 2nd-gen players than the others) and in ArberScape. Quite a few of them have also suggested I apply for a GM since I do know so much about the game. One player even asked for an AP reset after I answered his barrage of questions, xD. Anywho, my point is that I'm not applying for the heck of it, I'm applying because I feel that I am able to help others in the way they need, not in they way I think they need. Say I was to become a GM; the first thing I would do is probably hold a small event (to prevent lag) to celebrate, but not another one for awhile. "NOLOL GIV US MOR EVENTZ PL0X THAN JUS 1 LOLNOOB!!1!" Well, to me at least, holding multiple events in the same few days would seem like I'm abusing the GM powers that were given to me and not doing my job properly. So yes, this also means I will NOT give out items to my friends just because I like them better than others; I've seen the hate that can break out because of this. And no matter how much I like you, you WILL be banned for hacking.

To conclude this application, I might as well say that I hope you see in me what other players do and that I'm accepted as a GM in the near future.
Thank you for your time,

~Sauna
A dedicated MS player

Sauna

Back to top Go down

Sauna's GM Application Empty Re: Sauna's GM Application

Post  Abner Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:29 pm

Might wanna post this on our new forums, since we're done with this... Should tell sebby to close this one, lol. Btw, our new forums are http://z4.invisionfree.com/SebMaple

Abner
Game Master
Game Master

Back to top Go down